Friday, October 21, 2011

Famous Artwork of the Month: Louis Comfort Tiffany

I chose Louis Comfort Tiffany as our Famous Artist for October because he loves to use peacocks in his artwork. This month we learned how to draw peacocks, along with the other four "core value birds". Also, I am going to dress up as a peacock this Halloween. I always make my own costume and this year I found peacock feathers at the craft store and they have been my inspiration. Are any of you making your own costume?

Louise Comfort Tiffany is the son of the founder of the famous "Tiffany" jewelry. He lived from 1848-1933 in the United States. He went to school in Chester, Pennsylvania, which is right near where I grew up! He is most famous for the stained glass lamps. You might recognize this style of lamp. They sell them at Ikea and other furniture stores. They are called "Tiffany style lamps" in honor of Louis Comfort Tiffany.



No comments:

Post a Comment